Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Can you see the moon?

Dear Brian,

As I was driving home from the grocery store tonight the moon was hanging low and full and bright right in front of me.  Were you looking at it too?  I spoke to you as I drove home and asked you if you could see the moon.  I told you how much I miss you and that I wish you were here.  I had a good day, but then this evening something changed, I don't know what, but all of a sudden I was just SAD.  I went into our room and cried.  Tucker came in and told me that I would be okay, that he would take care of me.  He said he would be the man of the house....maybe when he's 12 he said.  I told him he doesn't have to do that, that I just want him to be a little boy and that is okay.  I wish you were here to take care of me, to take care of all of us.

You were my moon, Brian.  The kids are my stars. Just like on the pendant you bought me for our anniversary with 4 stars and the full moon on it.  Tonight as I sleep, I know the moon will creep to the backside of the house and shine bright through our bedroom window.  As the moon lights our room, maybe it will bring dreams of you to me.  Maybe it will bring comfort because once again, my moon is in my room.

I miss you.  I love you.  Can you see the moon?

Love, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment