Friday, October 26, 2012

Say his name....

Brian.  My husbands name was Brian.  I talk about him all the time.  I do not refer to him as my "late" husband, I simply refer to him as my husband.  I talk about him in the present tense, about things he liked to do and the things he did with the kids and how he wanted to raise them.  I guess I talk about him that way because he is still here, in my heart.  He will always be in my heart.

So many people ask me how I am doing, how the kids are doing, but they don't talk about Brian.  No one wants to make me cry.  I am here to tell you that it is okay for you to talk about him.  I WANT you to talk about him.  He was my husband, my best friend, the father of my children.  There is nothing that you can say that will make me cry.....that doesn't mean I WON'T tear up, it just means that you are not the cause of those tears.  In fact, it makes me more sad when you don't mention him.  He will forever be a part of me.  He was funny and quick witted and one of the smartest people I have ever known. 

Say his name....while it may bring tears, it will also bring happiness.  Happiness at the fact that he was loved not only by me, but by others too.  He was here...he existed...he loved and was loved...he is missed.

Brian...say his name with a smile on your lips as you remember your favorite memory of him.

B - Beautiful
R - Respectful
I - Interesting
A - Amazing
N - Nice (but sometimes Naughty!)

D - Dad

P - Polite
O - Outrageous
C - Cute
H - Husband
E - Energetic
L - Loving

Brian...my husband's name was Brian...and I will love him for the rest of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment