Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools!

How I wish I could have woken up this morning to my husband's smiling face as he said to me "April Fools!  That was a good one, huh?"  Didn't happen and isn't likely to.....

One year on April Fools, when I was pregnant with our second baby I thought I would play a joke on him.  Twins run in his family, his paternal grandmother was a twin and the pattern was that every 3rd generation had twins, that was our generation.  I had been to my doctor the day before for a routine check-up.  I told Brian as we were watching TV that my growth hormones were double what they should be.  I'm of course thinking that he is going to think twins.....instead he got up and walked into the kitchen.  I followed him a few minutes later to find him crying at the sink.  My first thought was, "Wow, would twins be that bad?"  Like I said, in my mind he would hear that my numbers were double and think twins, however, I did not take into account that there are OTHER things that can inflate that number.  Brian, being the doctor that he was heard that number was high and instantly thought CANCER.  He was crying because he was afraid that I had cancer.  He was afraid for me and our baby.  Ironic, isn't it.  He loved me so much that the mere THOUGHT of me being sick put him instantly in tears.  That was my Brian....He loved (((loves))) me.....

Of course, he got me back.....it wasn't April fools day....it was a few days later, but he got me back.  As I was getting ready for work he yelled upstairs in a panicked voice "Sheryl!  A hawk swooped down and got Chloe!"  Chloe was one of our dogs, a Keeshond.  Not a small dog, but not huge either.  Here I am pregnant, running down the stairs yelling for him to do something.  He was laughing hysterically.  Yep, I should have thought that one through......Chloe was much to big to be carried off by a hawk, duh!  There was that wicked sense of humor shining bright, and his smile lighting up his face.  That was my Brian....I loved (((love))) him.....

No comments:

Post a Comment